BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING
Eligibility for Admission in Bachelor of Engineering
1. For the purpose of admission, a candidate shall have passed the Qualifying Examination (10+2) with minimum eligibility criteria of percentage of marks in subjects as follow:
(i) Minimum 45% in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/Computer (Theory + Practical) for OPEN category students.
(ii) For the SEBC, SC & ST students minimum 40%.
(iii) Have appeared in GUJCET conducted in the corresponding academic year.
2. A candidate whose parents are of Gujarat origin and are serving out of the Gujarat in the service of Central Government or other State Government, Armed Forces, Boards or Corporations owned or controlled by the Central Government or other State Government or any nationalised bank and who has passed the qualifying examination from the State where parents are serving and has appeared in the GUJCET conducted in the corresponding academic year, shall be eligible for admission.
3. A candidate who has passed the Qualifying Examination from any other State and, -
(i) has appeared in GUJCET conducted in the corresponding academic year; and
(ii) whose parents are serving in the category of services as shown below and who are transferred from other States to Gujarat and have resumed their duties in the place where they are transferred in Gujarat and shall remain so transferred in the State of Gujarat at the time of registration for admission, shall be eligible for admission and his candidature shall be included in the merit list .
The admission procedure shall be off campus online in the following manner, namely
- The Admission Committee shall prepare merit list of the eligible candidates as per prevailing Rules, after verification of the documents submitted.
- The merit lists shall be displayed on the web-site of the Admission Committee and by such other means, as the Committee may consider convenient.
- The Admission Committee shall publish the schedule of online counselling program on its web-site, by advertisement in the prominent newspapers widely circulated in the State, and by such other means, as it may consider convenient.
- The candidate shall be required to indicate his order of choices of courses and colleges or institutions, online. Allotment of seats shall be made on the basis of merit, category of the candidate and availability of seats. The allotment of seats shall be published on the web-site of the Committee. The candidates are required to obtain the print out of the Information letter and bank fee receipt copies from the website.
- The candidate shall be required to pay such fee, as may be determined by the Admission Committee.
- On payment of token tuition fees as required, either online payment or in the branches of banks as specified, the admission allotted to the candidate shall get confirmed. The candidate shall be required to login to his account to get the print out of the Admissions Slip. In case, the candidate fails to pay the token tuition fees within the prescribed time limit as aforesaid, the admission offered to him shall be treated as cancelled. Such candidate shall not be eligible to get admission on same course and same shift in the same institute in subsequent round of counselling. Provided that a candidate who has been allotted admission on Non-TFW seat and he has not confirmed his admission to the said seat shall be eligible to get admission on TFW seat on same course and same shift in the same institute.
- Where considerable number of seats fall vacant and it appears to the Admission Committee to fill the vacant seats, it may conduct the admission process for readjustment (reshuffling) of seats. The candidate, who opts to participate in reshuffling process, shall be considered for such admission. The candidate may either give option for upgradation of choices already given or submit new choices. If the candidate gets the admission on the basis of up-gradation or new choice, then his earlier admission shall be treated as cancelled.
The candidate shall submit the self-attested copies of the following documents along with the print out of the registration form at the Help Center, namely:-
- S.S.C. Examination (Std. X) Mark-sheet,
- H.S.C. Examination (Std. XII) Mark-sheet,
- GUJCET Mark-sheet,
- School Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate,
- Caste certificate for a candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC), issued by the authority empowered by the State Government in this behalf,
- Non Creamy Layer (NCL) certificate of the family, valid as per State Government Rules, by the authority empowered by the State Government in this behalf,
- Certificate of Physical Disability, issued and duly signed by the Civil Surgeon/ competent Medical Authority, in case the candidate is a Physically Handicapped
- Certificate of Ex-Serviceman, duly issued by the Director, Sainik Welfare Board, Gujarat State or by the District Sainik Welfare Officer,
- A copy of certificate of In-Serviceman duly issued by the Commanding Officer of the respective unit in which he is serving,
- A copy of valid certificate of income issued by the authority empowered by the State Government in this behalf, if applicable
- Photograph of candidate for other State / other than Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary School Examination Board, and
- Such other certificates as the Admission Committee deems necessary.
- Two passport photographs
Important Links --- Links address will be given
FAQ for Online Admission
Important Instruction for BE Admission
Provisional Key Dates (Schedule) for BE
Advertisement English and Gujarati
List of Bank Branches
E-Booklet For 2017